12 October 2012

New (Old) Books...

I obtained several great books today. Many of them are old, but most are in really good condition. Here are the titles (click on the images to learn more)...






I am really excited about Benjamin Keach's text on typology. I am fascinated by the biblical study of types and metaphors, and it looks to be a good resource for such an endeavor. The "Dogmatic Theology" by W.G.T. Shedd is actually Zondervan's three volume edition, which is a welcome addition to my growing Systematics section (and they look sleak as well). Berkouwer's "Studies in Dogmatics: Holy Scripture" is also a great addition to my Systematics collection, which I see myself returning to regularly in my study of the doctrine of Scripture. I've been trying to get my hands on Carson & Beale's "Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament" for years, so I am extremely happy I was able to get a "gently used" copy at a low price. There were a couple Historical Theology additions also: Shelley's "Church History in Plain Language" and Torbet's "A History of the Baptists" (of which I am eager to look at since I am ignorant of much of credobaptist heritage). I was also able to get my hands on a few coveted commentaries by F.F. Bruce, Charles Bridges, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Derek Kidner.

No comments:

Post a Comment